Princess Maha Chakri Award
On the auspicious occasion of the 60th birthday anniversary of Her Royal Highness Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn in 2015, the Teachers’ Council of Thailand, Ministry of Education, Thailand, deems it appropriate to request Her Royal Highness’s permission to establish an international award in honour of her admirable endeavours and also to grant it the name of “Princess Maha Chakri Award“. HRH Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn is the third child of King Bhumibol and Queen Sirikit, Chakri Dynasty, Kingdom of Thailand. She has contributed over 3 decades on education and development of children and youth, especially in marginalized and remote areas and widely accepted for the national and international levels.
- To honour Her Royal Highness Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn for her outstanding achievements in the fields of education and the development of people’s quality of life, especially for the disadvantaged;
- To honour highly dedicated teachers in Southeast Asia whose accomplishments make significant contributions to education and human development and who deserve international recognition;
- To support and promote development of the teaching profession and educational development; and
- To strengthen international relations in the field of education.
III. Nomination Criteria
- Teachers from 11 SEAMEO member countries.
- Teachers, who are still active in teaching or in education administration, and have generated developmental changes in students and inspired fellow teachers.
- Teachers, whom their outstanding achievements have generated benefits to education and human development.
IV. Selection of Awardees
- The 11 SEAMEO member countries from the Ministry of Education will be responsible for the selecting awardees in accordance with the criteria for the award nomination which only one person can be nominated by each country.
- Particular of qualified person, nomination and selection criteria, timeframe and nomination processes will be determined by the PMCA Foundation Committee.
- The final decision regarding awardees selection will be made by the PMCA Foundation Committee and by the Ministry of Education of each SEAMEO member countries.
The awardees will receive a medal, a certificate of honour and a cheque for 10,000 US$ during the award ceremony to be held in 2015.